Saturday, April 11, 2009

Thai Curry














Had a jar of Thai Kitchen green curry paste and some tofu on the verge of spoiling, and the lemongrass I bought sunday at the farmers market, and it was time for dinner.

So out of my "Vegan with a Vengeance" cookbook, by Chandra Moskowitz, came this incarnation of her Thai curry recipe.

I overdid it on the lemon/lemongrass a bit, but it proved to make the dish a bit more refreshing. The curry didn't turn out quite as spicy as I like, so I sliced up some daikon radish a (a mild radish - you can find at asian marketplaces and most of the booths at the farmers markets that sell bok choy, lemongrass, etc) and shook a little hot sauce over them. Now, for dessert...no pict but I've been making popsicles with Chocolate silk - a pleasant, healthy, vegan version of the infamous 'fudgesicle.'

No comments:

Post a Comment